Guk Pavel Aleksandrovich, Doctor of juridical sciences, associate professor, professor at the sub-department of justice, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Interpretation of legal norms has always provoked interest of both theorists and practitioners in various periods of developments of the Russian state. Normative legal acts not always accurately contain the rule of public relations regu-lation, causing therefore certain difficulties in application thereof for judges due to
a lack of an official interpretation. Judicial interpretation of laws by supreme court bodies renders necessary assistance to ones who apply laws, which provides defi-niteness and unity of application thereof in concrete legal disputes. Judicial interpre-tation in the process of application of laws remains topical nowadays and requires consecutive theoretical examination. The aim of the work is to analyze levels of ju-dicial interpretation and application of legislation, to show the importance of judi-cial interpretation in consideration of cases and the necessity of applying judicial interpretation of supreme juridical instances.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented on the basis of the active federal legislation, the court practice of supreme judicial instances containing legal positions of interpretation. The methodological basis included methods of comparative-legal and system analyses, formal-juridical and historical approaches to understanding the given juridical phenomenon.
Results. The researched action allows theose who apply laws to reveal the point of a law to be applied on the basis of interpretation means, to understand a necessity of a more accurate intepreatation of laws taking into account the official judicial interpretation by supreme judicial bodies.
Conclusions. The study of the judicial interpretation and application of legislation allows to understand the specifics of formation and realization of interpretations by judicial bodies, to offer a conception of judicial interpretation.
judicial interpretation, supreme judicial body, application of legislation, a precedent of interpretation, unity of court practice, conception of judicial interpretation.
1. Vas'kovskiy E. V. Rukovodstvo k tolkovaniyu i primeneniyu zakonov: Dlya nachi-nayushchikh yuristov [Guide to interpretation and application of laws: for novice lawyers]. Moscow, 1913.
2. Demchenko G. Sudebnyy pretsedent [The judicial precedent]. Varshava, 1903.
3. Korkunov N. M. Lektsii po obshchey teorii prava [Lectures on the general theory of law]. Saint-Petersburg, 1914.
4. Alekseev S. S. Problemy Teorii prava: kurs lektsiy: v 2 t. T. 2 [Problems of the law the-ory: lectures: in 2 volumes. Vol. 2]. Sverdlovsk, 1973.
5. Voplenko N. N. Ofitsial'noe tolkovanie norm prava [Official interpretation of legisla-tion]. Moscow: Yurid. lit., 1976.
6. Pigolkin A. S. Tolkovanie normativnykh aktov v SSSR [Interpretation of legislation in USSR]. Moscow: Gosyurizdat, 1962.
7. Cherdantsev A. F. Tolkovanie sovetskogo prava [Interpretation of soviet law]. Moscow: Yurid. lit., 1979.
8. Smirnov A. V., Manukyan A. G. Tolkovanie norm prava: ucheb.-prakt. posobie [Inter-pretation of legislation: tutorial]. Moscow: Prospekt, 2008.
9. Tarasova V. V. Akty sudebnogo tolkovaniya pravovykh norm: yuridicheskaya priroda i klassifikatsiya [Acts of judicial interpretation of legislation: juridical nature and classification]. Saratov: Izd-vo Sarat. gos. akademii prava, 2002.
10. Tolstik V. A., Dvornikov N. L., Kargin K. V. Sistemnoe tolkovanie norm prava [System interpretation of legislation]. Moscow: ID «Yurisprudentsiya», 2010.
11. Khabrieva T. Ya. Tolkovanie Konstitutsii Rossiyskoy Federatsii: teoriya i praktika [Interpretation of the Constitution of the Russian Federation: theory and practice]. Moscow: Yurist", 1998.
12. Matuzov N. I., Mal'ko A. V. Teoriya gosudarstva i prava [State and law theory]. Mos-cow, 2002.
13. Byulleten' Verkhovnogo Suda RF [Bulletin of the Supreme Court of Russia]. 2004, no. 2.
14. Sudebnaya praktika v sovetskoy pravovoy sisteme [Judicial practice in the soviet law system]. Ed. S. N. Bratusya. Moscow: Yurid. lit., 1975.
15. Livshits R. Z., Zhuykov V. M., Ivanov S. A. et al. Sudebnaya praktika kak istochnik prava [Judicial practice as a source of law]. Moscow: In-t gosudarstva i prava Ros-siyskoy akademii nauk, 1997.
16. Topornin B. N., Serveren E., Gyunter K. et al. Sudebnaya praktika kak istochnik prava: sb. st. [Judicial practice as a source of law: collected papers]. Moscow: Yurist", 2000.
17. Sudebnaya praktika v rossiyskoy pravovoy sisteme [Judicial practice in the Russian law system]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2002.
18. Byulleten' Verkhovnogo Suda RF [Bulletin of the Supreme Court of Russia]. 2015, no. 10.
19. Kolokolov N. A. Rossiyskiy sud'ya [The Russian judge]. 2009, no. 9, pp. 8–11.